The date of Consecration of the Lodge and the Warrant of Constitution is recorded as 24th June 1735. It would appear that this Warrant was lost or destroyed as a Charter of Confirmation was granted on 1st October 1771. This Warrant was for some reason bound into a book sometime after 1825 when its number was 56. (Lane's Masonic Records states that a second Warrant of Confirmation was granted on 12th March 1845. This needs to be verified.) The Warrant Book sits on the Master's pedestal each meeting. For many decades it has been the custom for each Master to place his signature in this book on the night of Installation. It also contains beautifully illustrated pages of the history of the Lodge completed by an eminent artist who was a member of the Lodge Bro Dalziel.
THE LODGE OF INDUSTRY No 48